[jcifs] 'Connection: close' in Step 2

Oscar mailoac-nok at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 15:45:15 GMT 2005

I'm using jcifs v1.2.6 and i'm getting a weird response from server on step 2
of the handshaking protocol.
The server is closing the connection. Here is the HTTP header response obtained
for the server

HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Server: WebSphere Application Server/5.0
WWW-Authenticate: NTLM
TlRMTVNTUAACAAAADAAMADAAAAAFAoEADoez7m68Lh4AAAAAAAAAADYANgA8AAAARABFAFMAMAAwADAA
AgAMAEQARQBTADAAMAAwAAEAHgBKAEMASQBGAFMAMQA2ADAAXwAxADIAOQBfAEQAMQAAAAAA
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: close

As you can see, server handles HTTP 1.1.
I'm using the NtlmHttpFilter as is, without any modification.

Any idea on why the server is adding the 'connection: close' header to the
response?

Thanks