[jcifs] Problem configuring Apache 2.0/ Tomcat

Yannick yannick at smellyfrog.com
Fri Nov 11 08:53:56 GMT 2005

Hi,

I should have sent this a while back, so sorry for the delay.
I eventually managed to have this working on Linux as well. This was
tested for Fedora Core 4 and Red Hat Linux 9.

This is what I did:

Got the source code for apache 2.0.53
Compiled it

Got the source code for mod_jk
Compiled it specifying the path to apache 2.0.53

Recompiled apache

I restarted apache and Tomcat, and it worked.

The following command lines are the ones I used:

*Get lastest stable Apache 2.0*

cd /path/to/put/source

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic

cvs login

cvs checkout -d httpd-2.0 -r APACHE_2_0_BRANCH httpd-2.0

cd httpd-2.0/srclib/

cvs checkout -r APR_0_9_BRANCH apr

checkout -r APU_0_9_BRANCH apr-util

cd ..

*Build Apache*

./buildconf

./configure –enable-ssl

make

make install

*Get mod_jk source*

* *

*Compile mod_jk (note: you need java sdk installed for this)*

* *

tar -xf jakarta-tomcat-connectors-1.2.14.1-src.tar

cd jakarta-tomcat-connectors-1.2.14.1-src

./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
--with-java-home=/opt/jdk1.5.0_05 --with-java-platform=2 --enable-jni

ls

cd jk/native/

./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
--with-java-home=/opt/jdk1.5.0_05 --with-java-platform=2 --enable-jni

ls

make

make install

* *