[jcifs] Re: Ntlm authentication prompts 2nd user - Win 2003

Andreas Weiden andreas.weiden at rwe.com
Mon Nov 7 14:01:50 GMT 2005

Michael B Allen <mba2000 <at> ioplex.com> writes:

> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:54:35 +0200
> __oltís Ján <jan.soltis <at> softec.sk> wrote:
>
> > > If you do not also suppy jcifs.smb.client.domain "preauthentication"
> > > will not work. Perhaps that is what you are missing?
> >
> > I've added jcifs.smb.client.domain, but still the same error.
>
> Then probably is really a bug somewhere. So you claim that if you drop
> in 1.1.9 with exactly the same config it works perfectly? Does 1.1.10
> have the problem? If we can determine that the problem was introduced
> with a particular version it shouldn't be terribly difficult to figure
> out what the cause is.
>
> Mike

Hi Michael,

I'm occuring the same problem mentioned above (and could not found any hint if
this issue is being fixed in a release after 1.2.1 (which i'm using).

Here's the piece from the log's

..
..
treeConnect: unc=\\x000x1001\IPC$,service=?????
New data read: Transport1[x000x1001/10.152.192.67:445]
00000: ...
00010: ...
signature verification failure
..
..

In my case the problem occurs when two people try to call the url at the same
time (seems to be a multi-threading problem)

Could you give me a hint ?

Andreas