[jcifs] Problem with jcifs-1.2.0

Paul Scott paul.scott at kau.se
Mon May 30 13:05:50 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have been using Davenport for a few months now. I've been dropping the
latest jcifs jar files into the lib/ folder to keep up-to-date without any
problems until now.

The jcifs-1.2.0 jar file causes a Jetty error: HTTP ERROR: 500 ;
RequestURI=/path/to/folder/

It works with jcifs-1.1.11 makes the system work again.

To troubleshoot, I created an identical Davenport configuration (with
jcifs-1.2.0) on another machine but there I cannot duplicate the problem - it
works perfectly!

On the machine with the problem, I can see:
"Authenticating "DOMAIN\user" against "xxx/193.XX.XXX.X"", but I never get the
response "Authentication succeeded."

I have made sure that the different machines are running same kernel
(2.6.11-1.14_FC3smp - Fedora Core 3) and same latest versions of Java. They
are both running an iptables firewall which is also identical.

I am certain the problem is with the server but I cannot think what other
dependencies there might be that could be causing one of them to fail.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
Paul Scott, System Administrator
IT-enheten, Karlstad University, 651 88 Karlstad, Sweden