[jcifs] Intermittent Exception

Al alchipx at gmail.com
Tue May 24 20:35:46 GMT 2005

I get the following exception intermittently and irregularly (thus I cannot
pinpoint the set of circumstances where this problem occurs). It happens more
often than rare, often enough to be considered a problem that needs fixing.

jcifs.smb.SmbException: Unverifiable signature: ***/***
	jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:674)
	jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:271)
	jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:228)
	jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:134)
	jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:159)
	jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:152)
	jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:155)

Where *** is the domain server where all login information is authenticated
against. I get this exception maybe 1/30 of the time I access the given servlet,
and the problem goes away when I hit the reload button (authenticates
successfully). So any ideas?

Al

PS: I running Tomcat 5.0 through Apache2 using mod_jk. If you need more
information of this sort, just let me know