[jcifs] Could jcifs.smb.NtlmChallenge made serializable?

Matthias Weber matthias.weber at barmenia.de
Tue May 24 12:49:26 GMT 2005

Currently we have some problems with JCIFS NTLM Authentication in a clustered
environment.

NtlmHttpFilter caches the NtlmChallenge object in the actual HTTP-session. This
works fine with a single server. However, in a clustered environment with
activated session replication, every object that should be written to the
session must be serializable. NtlmChallenge is not, so our application server
complains about it.

Would it be possible, to let NtlmChallenge (and jcifs.UniAddress because of the
reference in NtlmChallenge) implement java.io.Serializable?

Matthias