[jcifs] DFS-Links and jcifs.smb.client.soTimeout

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu May 19 18:16:07 GMT 2005

On Thu, 19 May 2005 15:29:58 +0000 (UTC)
Donato Marro <marro at e-spirit.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> while testing some DFS-stuff with jCIFS 1.1.10 I noticed the following behavior:
>
> When I'm trying to access a DFS-Link with a newly generated NPA-Object, I get
> the expected DfsReferral-Excpetion. Now, when I'm trying to access the same DFS-
> Link a second time (with the old NPA-Object as well as with a new one) I get an
> "Invalid access to memory location"-Exception. This behavior only occurs when
> there are less than <jcifs.smb.client.soTimeout> milliseconds between the two
> trys. After waiting <jcifs.smb.client.soTimeout> milliseconds I get the
> DfsReferral-Exception again.
>
> Is this behavior the expected one?

First, the invalid memory exception is described here:

  http://lists.samba.org/archive/jcifs/2005-May/005028.html

Because we have spoken before I have an inkling of what your up to so
I would require that you first check the NetworkExplorer servlet to see
how it behaves. If it is ok, I suspect you are not saving the NPA on a
server specific basis or performing the HTTP redirect properly.

Or it's possible that there is a bug in jCIFS but you would need to
provide more information about the steps necessary to reproduce.