[jcifs] AuthenticationFilter and <error-page> definitions

Kimberlin, Michael Michael.Kimberlin at savvis.net
Tue May 3 20:45:39 GMT 2005

In this old thread from the list there was some discussion about using
an <error-page> definition for error 401 with the NtlmAuthFilter...

http://lists.samba.org/archive/jcifs/2004-August/003901.html

I am currently doing the same thing with the AuthenticationFilter.  But,
it also required a similar code change to the one mentioned in that
thread (the removal of resp.flushBuffer() after
resp.setStatus(HttpServletResponse.SC_UNAUTHORIZED) in fail())...

Is there any reason that the flush remains alive and well in this class?
What this causes is an IllegalStateException if you have an error page
defined for error 401...I removed it and recompiled it for my purposes,
but it seems like something that should be allowed by the package, no?

Thanks,

michael