[jcifs] SMB Sequence Yields Write Corruption

Caldarale, Charles R Chuck.Caldarale at unisys.com
Sun May 1 22:39:24 GMT 2005

> From: jcifs-bounces+chuck.caldarale=unisys.com at lists.samba.org
> [mailto:jcifs-bounces+chuck.caldarale=unisys.com at lists.samba.org]
> On Behalf Of Michael B Allen
> Subject: [jcifs] SMB Sequence Yields Write Corruption
>
>   NT_CREATE_ANDX       t.txt
>   WRITE_ANDX           "hello1" at offset 0
>   CLOSE                t.txt
>   NT_CREATE_ANDX       foo.txt

Is the above correct?  Or should it be t.txt again?

>   WRITE_ANDX           "hello2" at offset 6
>   CLOSE                t.txt

More questions:
1) Are the commands actually chained or issued separately?
2) What are the options on the create requests?

If the second create is really for t.txt and it says to truncate the
file, the six zero bytes before the text are what I would expect to see.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.