[jcifs] http ntml authentication and then access resources

leostone leostone at mail.ru
Thu Mar 31 17:32:32 GMT 2005

hi there i am new to all this smb stuff, i got quite close to what i need to do, but now
i need a little help.
my problem is that i not only want users to be authenticated by the http authentication
mechanism, but i want to use the returned auth object (NtlmSsp.authenticate) also to access resources
in the domain. If i understand everything right, this method takes the 8 byte challange from a domain
contoller, sends it to the http client, the client returns the correctly encrypted hashes which then
are checked by the domain controller. so far, so good!
now the question is, how can i use the auth object to access resources on some machine in that domain?
i dont think i can, since a different machine will use a different challenge than the domain controller
and using the hashes used for the domain controller will fail.

since my insight into smb details is close to nothing i pretty much appriciate a helping and explaning hand!

thanks leo