[jcifs] NTLMv2 issues

Richard Caper rcaper at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:46:19 GMT 2005

> from the client.  My guess then is that these users that are having trouble
> authenticating have something flagged on their account in Active Directory
> to deny them the ability to authenticate using only the LM password hash, or
> simply don't have an LM password hash stored in the DC.  If this is the
> case, does anyone know how to create an account with such a configuration?

Here is a link for how to prevent the LM hash from being stored:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q299656

This seems to me to be what you suspected.  In Type3Message.java at
the bottom there is this:

// NTLMv2 issues w/cross-domain authentication; leave NT empty if >= 3
if (LM_COMPATIBILITY < 3) setNTResponse(ntResponse);

You could try to edit this and see if it works to fix it.