[jcifs] Re: Authentication via SmbSession.logon

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Mar 22 20:01:23 GMT 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:49:31 +0000 (UTC)
Larry Weber <lawrenceaweber at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > If you attempt to authenticate against an authority that has no
> > knowledge of the supplied crednetials the operation will not be
> > successful. In some cases the server may accept your session but log you
> > in as a guest.
>
> The presented credentials were a valid username, and password for the XP
> machine, since it was  a workstation I tried using it's workstation name,
> then it's workgroup name for the 'dom' with the same results.

If it's a local account the creds need be MACHNAME\Localuser. If that
doesn't work the account is not valid on that machine. Or there is a bug
in jCIFS that we've never heard of but I doubt it. If you still can't
make it work, maybe you can get a capture?

http://jcifs.samba.org/capture.html

IRC - where men are men, women are men, and the boys are FBI agents.