[jcifs] Re: Excluding Bogus Windows Domain Controllers

Jimmy Ray jimmyraywv at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 18:56:08 GMT 2005

> Right. This is totally normal. What's the problem?
>
> The logic that tries to find a good DC is
> SmbSesssion.getChallengeForDomain(). Try writing a little program for
> that like perhaps:
>
>   for (i = 0; i < 100; i++) {
>       NtlmChallenge chal = SmbSession.getChallengeForDomain();
>       System.out.println( "DC: " + chal.dc );
>       Thread.sleep( Math.random() * 10000 );
>   }

Well...these orginal issue was that the Tomcat app would error , with my
original stack trace.  Maybe the issue is now fixed.  I am certainly not an
expert with your code.  I will try to right a servlet that dose not use the
filter, so that I may manually try the challenge to see if it works.  I guess
that I can do this, forcing the IP address to be the bad IP address to see how
the time out works.

Regards,

Jimmy Ray