[jcifs] Re: Excluding Bogus Windows Domain Controllers

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Mar 16 18:27:12 GMT 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:22:48 +0000 (UTC)
Jimmy Ray <jimmyraywv at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Actually, I cant reproduce the issue reliably on the Tomcat/UNIX server.
> So...I test it in a Win/Java app running in the Elcipse 3 debugger:
<snip>

Right. This is totally normal. What's the problem?

The logic that tries to find a good DC is
SmbSesssion.getChallengeForDomain(). Try writing a little program for
that like perhaps:

  for (i = 0; i < 100; i++) {
      NtlmChallenge chal = SmbSession.getChallengeForDomain();
      System.out.println( "DC: " + chal.dc );
      Thread.sleep( Math.random() * 10000 );
  }

IRC - where men are men, women are men, and the boys are FBI agents.