[jcifs] how to enable login box prompt in IE

Gelhar, Wallace Joseph GELHARWJ at uwec.edu
Wed Mar 16 15:35:46 GMT 2005

Sure...just use BASIC authentication and not NTLM.  I don't think there
is a flag to disable NTLM (as it is central to the filters purpose) so
you will probably want to write your own filter and just use jCIFS for
authentication.  You can look at the code for the filter as a starting
point.

As an aside...as always you really should check for SSL for either BASIC
or NTLM if network security is a concern.

-Wally