[jcifs] Re: Excluding Bogus Windows Domain Controllers

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Mar 15 19:33:17 GMT 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:50:10 +0000 (UTC)
Jimmy Ray <jimmyraywv at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok.  I have updated to 1.1.9 and I will try that for a while.  One thing
> that I noticed was that the bogus IP address was always the last run
> returned.  So...I wrote an init param in the filters in the web.xml of
> jcifs.netbios.lookupRespLimit = 4.  This should keep the 5th IP from
> showing up and this should work as long at the sort order does not change.

Actually on my network DCs are usually returned in a different order. You
should try it without lookupRespLimit just to make sure it works ok
with the bad DC. That way if you change your WINs config and it starts
returning things in a different order or another DC goes bad you'll know
how it behaves.

Let us know what happends.

IRC - where men are men, women are men, and the boys are FBI agents.