[jcifs] Using Kerberos authentication

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Mar 15 18:32:07 GMT 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:39:54 -0500
David Carlin <djc6 at cwru.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to use Davenport with Kerberos
> Authentication?

This is not possible because jcifs would need to pass the Kerberos ticket
to each CIFS server it communicates with using Extended Security / GSSAPI
/ SPNEGO which jcifs 1.x does not support. Jcifs-ext just uses Kerberos
to determine if the person accessing the Filter is authenticated. It
doesn't actually use JCIFS at all! Whereas Davenport would need to use
the actual Kerberos ticket to access CIFS resources. That functionality
is #1 for 2.0 but I'm off on a little tangent right and I was on vacation
and .... Eventually we'll get there.

IRC - where men are men, women are men, and the boys are FBI agents.