[jcifs] Problems Upgrading From 0.7.15 to 1.1.9

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Mar 14 18:19:21 GMT 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:24:41 +0000 (UTC)
David Pattison <david.pattison at siemens.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> We have just upgraded the jcifs library in our web app and are having
> problems with logging on. Basically we needed to take advantage of the
> jcifs.netbios.wins parameter which allows multiple addresses in the newer
> versions (which isnt in 0.7.15?), and to specify this and
> jcifs.smb.client.domain instead of just pointing to
> jcifs.http.domainController. So, with these parameters changed (and moved
> from the command line to init-params in web.xml), I have been unable to
> successfully logon.
>
> I was originally getting a timeout error waiting for the DC to respond, so
> I upped the timeout from 10 seconds to 60, and after about 20 seconds the
> following error appeared:
>
> jcifs.smb.SmbException: 0xC000018C

0xC000018c is NT_STATUS_TRUSTED_DOMAIN_FAILURE "The trust relationship
between the primary domain and the trusted domain failed.

> But on the command line the following appears when the timeoout is set to
> 60 seconds (137.223.284.46 being the primary WINS server):

What timeout? What properties are you using?

> 137.223.284.46
> java.net.UnknownHostException: 137.223.284.46: 137.223.284.46
>         at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:999)
>         at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:969)
>
> But with the default timeout, this is the command line error:
>
> Socket Closed: DOMAINNAME<1C>/137.223.234.128
> java.net.SocketException: Socket Closed
>         at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)

This is just a low level socket error. Is that DC ok?

> I tried replacing jcifs.http.domainController with the domain and WINS
> parameters back when we were using 0.7.15 and it worked fine. Has
> something else changed that I should be configuring in the new versions?

A lot has changed since 0.7.

In general you do not provide enough information to decipher what the
problem is. My instinct tells me your not a typical windows domain
corporate intranet type environment.

IRC - where men are men, women are men, and the boys are FBI agents.