[jcifs] NTLMv2 Authentication doesnt work

Richard Caper rcaper at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 19:28:53 GMT 2005

I believe the flag is not for authentication but instead NTLMv2
signing and sealing negotiation.  Authentication is not controlled by
the flags but uses the registry setting "LMCompatibilityLevel".

If you set the registry on your client to LM compatibility level = 3,
it will send NTLMv2/LMv2 in the response.  Setting the jcifs value
allows the filter to handle such response correctly.