[jcifs] Re: jcifs-1.1.9 ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -2146866174

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Mar 2 21:53:13 GMT 2005

madlg3 at vodafone.es said:
> Hi Michael,
> CIFS servers were Windows XP and Windows 2003.
> OS where the test was carried out: Windows XP, Solaris, HP-UX PA-Risc
> and HP-UX True64. The problem turned up in all of them.
>
> Attached you can find the exception and the T2Crawler.

The exception is still truncated. I need those line numbers.

...rMessageBlock.java:137)
...WireFormat(Trans2FindFirst<TRUNC>
...esWireFormat(SmbComTransac<TRUNC>
...(ServerMessageBlock.java:4<TRUNC>

> Coming back to my last question, I have been testing Jcifs under
> different plattforms and the error fixed in 1.1.9 only occurred in HP-
> UX

Ahh, I was confused. I thought you said the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
occured only on HP-UX.

>, I tried with 5 different HP-Ux machines and all of them had the
> problem. I tried with 3 windows, 2 linux (Fedora and Mandrake) and 2
> solaris and they didn´t have the problem of high load, even when the
> shares accessed and the code being tested were exactly the same. Do you
> know why the HP-UX machiens have "high-load" problems when  the other
> machines did not have the problem at all?

Why do you think HP-UX has problems under high load? Didn't the 1.1.9
release fix the problem?