[jcifs] TransportException

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Jun 27 18:15:58 GMT 2005

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:19:35 +0000 (UTC)
Claudia Bars <abarbosa at supervia.com.br> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been testing NTLM HTTP Authentication on Windows platform. Container is
> Tomcat.
> It's working fine, but sometimes, i get the unexpected following exception:

<snip>
> jcifs.smb.SmbException:
> jcifs.util.transport.TransportException: Transport1 timedout waiting for
> response to SmbComSessionSetupAndX
> [command=SMB_COM_SESSION_SETUP_ANDX,received=false,errorCode=The operation
> completed
> successfully.,flags=0x0018,flags2=0xC003,signSeq=0,tid=0,pid=40039,uid=0,mid=54,
> wordCount=13,byteCount=119,andxCommand=0x75,andxOffset=180,snd_buf_size=4356,max
> MpxCount=10,VC_NUMBER=1,sessionKey=0,passwordLength=24,unicodePasswordLength=24,
> capabilities=84,accountName=abarbosa,primaryDomain=RIOTRENS,NATIVE_OS=Windows
> NT,NATIVE_LANMAN=jCIFS]
> 	at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.sendrecv(Transport.java:74)

Can you get a packet capture [1] of the failure? If you see from the packet capture that the SessionSetupAndX response truely isn't being received then clearly it is a network problem. If you DO see the response but jCIFS is timing out claiming it didn't get it then that would be a bug in jCIFS. But I haven't seen the later from anyone else so ....

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/capture.html