[jcifs] Re: HTTP Authentication failing

Scrumpy Jak paul.pree at bmssolutions.com
Wed Jun 8 07:33:41 GMT 2005

Michael B Allen <mba2000 <at> ioplex.com> writes:
Thanks Michael

> JCIFS 1.1.11 will NOT work without port 139. This is obviously a
> significant environmental change if it worked before.

Thanks for the ammo. I confirmed that 139 was not open and it now turns out
that someone had intentionally disabled it as part of their plan to remove
netbios.....without telling anyone.....

> It so happens that 1.2.0 does work with port 445. You might want to try
> that. Use the same config. Just eradicate all other jars and drop in
> 1.2.0.

Port 139 is now functioning so I was ever hopeful that the issue was gone, but
I'm still stuck.

I tested (from a remote machine) access to this box and get differing results
with jCIFS 1.1.11 and 1.2.0. However, in both cases the first user to connect
gets in and autologon works. The second user cannot get in. First user can log
off and can log in from multiple machines. Second user has no access.
Swapping users after a restart of Tomcat still means that whoever gets there
first gets access.

jCIFS 1.2.0
Second user gets an NT dialog box headed
Connect to JCIFS20_181_61 in password (Where password is from the web.xml file)
It expects username at domain.com.au but doesn't accept any valid combination.

jCIFS 1.1.11
Second user gets
jcifs.smb.SmbException: Unverified Signature: 0.0.0.0<00>/192.168.20.101
(Which is the IP of the domain controller specified in web.xml)
  at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:674)

Do you have any idea where I should go from here? I've been at this point a
number of times where I think I've got it working, but only the first user
gets connected.

Thanks again
Regards
paul