[jcifs] Problem setting attributes for directories

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Jun 8 03:13:45 GMT 2005

Thomas Bley said:
> Hi,
>
> I tried the following:
>
> SmbFile f = new SmbFile( "smb://user:pw@host/share/test/" );
> f.setAttributes( f.getAttributes() );
>
> gives me:
>
> Exception in thread "main" jcifs.smb.SmbException: Access is denied.

Check the ACL. I bet the user really doesn't have permission to set
attribtues. If the ACL is ok and it still doesn't work, try setting
specific attributes to see if it makes any difference. If it does there is
a bug (a few revs back I allowed all bits of the AccessMask to be returned
by getAttributes so setting ALL of them may not be correct).