[jcifs] HTTP Authentication failing

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Jun 7 07:23:19 GMT 2005

Paul,

When something is working fine and then suddenly stops working it is NOT a good idea to simply start changing parameters, containers, lib versions, etc. You should have isolated the source of failure when the problem first appeared.

Use jcifs-1.1.11.jar and set jcifs.http.domainController and jcifs.smb.client.{domain,username,password} to a known acct in that domain. Set NOTHING else. Restart the container and try it again.

We get about 1500 downloads a month and most people are using the filter so I think there's something fundamentally wrong with your setup (firewall?). Trying different versions of jcifs isn't going to help.

Mike