[jcifs] Hung threads accessing domain controller

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Jan 24 22:59:25 GMT 2005

Christensen, Scott M said:
> Hi Mike,
>
> We recently put in the change that you made in order to attempt to
> resolve the hanging thread problem (jcifs 1.1.7), but it did not fix our
> issue.  We are still getting threads hanging on the Object.wait() on
> line 877 of SmbTransport.java of the negotiate() method.  It appears
> that the thread hangs after receiving a "timeout waiting for response
> from server" exception in the SmbTransport.send() method (line 677).  We
> are hoping you would have some more insight into what the issue might
> be.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Yup. I see the problem. Bare in mind this can only happen if the send()
throws an exception preventing the call from reaching the notifyAll(). Fix
the bad DC for now (or avoid it using lookupRespLimit or something like
that) and I'll put this fix in the queue for the next minor rev.

Thanks for the feedback,