[jcifs] "Enable Integrated Windows Authentication" doesn't seem to matter?

Jonathan D Trumbull Jonathan.Trumbull at abbott.com
Mon Jan 24 17:36:30 GMT 2005

All,

I have playing with the jCIFS Servlet filter (on resin 3.0.9) and it works
very nicely.  The only "problem" I am having is that the "Enable
Integrated Windows Authentication" option in IE doesn't seem to make a
difference when connecting (testing using IE 6.0 SP1 under W2K SP4).  Even
if it's disabled (and the browser is restarted) when I visit my test site,
I am not prompted for my credentials--it just pulls these from my current
logon.  This is actually _good_ for my intended purpose, but it bothers me
that I don't understand what's happening.  I poked around on google and
the MS KB but everything I read seems to indicate that it should prompt me
for credentials when this option is disabled regardless of whether I am
using NTLM or Kerberos.

Can anyone point me to a reference that sheds some light on this behavior?
 Thanks!

--Jonathan