[jcifs] Re: SmbAuthException during makedirs()

Rakesh rakesh.bhakta at conformative.com
Fri Jan 21 14:36:19 GMT 2005

Michael B Allen <mba2000 <at> ioplex.com> writes:

> Well that error is coming from the server so it's legit. Double check your
> credentials.

With the same credentials, I am able to successfully use:
smbfile.delete(), file.isDirectory(), smbfile.listFiles() and
smbfile.getOutputStream().  Only the sbmfile.exists(), smbfile.makedir(), and
smbfile.makedirs() are failing with SmbAuthException.

What should I check for to ensure the credentials are correct. UserID &
Password are correct and operational on other smb APIs.