[jcifs] Batching command in CIFS

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Jan 21 05:32:31 GMT 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:19:18 +0800
Cellina Lin <cellina at gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I am trying to use the "batching command" features of jCIFS library. I
> wish to control which SMB commands to be batched together as it is
> said in the document.

It also explains that you should not change batch levels for any reason
other than perhaps if you're a developer developing a CIFS server.

Why do you want to change batching behavior?

>        Config.setProperty(
> "jcifs.smb.client.SessionSetupAndX.TreeConnectAndX", "1" );
>         Config.setProperty(
> "jcifs.smb.client.TreeConnectAndX.CheckDirectory", "1" );
>         Config.setProperty(
> "jcifs.smb.client.TreeConnectAndX.CreateDirectory", "1" );
>         Config.setProperty( "jcifs.smb.client.TreeConnectAndX.Delete", "1"
>         );

All batch levels are already set to 1 but a command will not be batched
unless it is sent in conjunction with another command. Most jCIFS library
methods to not do that. You would have to use the internal API to
specifically chain together a sequence of commands. But then you have the
problem of porability as most servers really don't support batching
consistently.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.