[jcifs] Problem with JCIFS NTLM Authentication for HTTP Connections

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 21:18:14 GMT 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:17:08 -0500, Michael B Allen <mba2000 at ioplex.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:34:18 +0100
> "Doan, Thi-My-Chi" <thi-my-chi.doan at hp.com> wrote:
>
> > > If it's a "standalone Java application" why not just use
> > SmbSession.logon
> > > directly?
> >
> > I can authenticate user by using SmbSession.logon, but I don't know how
> > to tell WebLogic Server that the user is already authenticated and
> > WebLogic needs only to assign user's principal and check whether the
> > user is authorized to access the servlet.
>
> If it's a servlet running in a container than it's not a "standalone Java
> application".
>
> You're going to need to be a lot clearer about your problem.

I think what they are trying to do is use the web application from a
client written in Java as opposed to accessing it via a web browser
and integrating WebLogic realm based security with the NTLM
authentication filter.

Shouldn't realm based security work just by using the filter? You
shouldn't need a seaprate login form or anything like that unless I am
missing something, which is entirely possible as I don't use realm
based security.

Cheers,
--
Jason Bainbridge