[jcifs] change from jcifs-0.9.6 to jcifs-1.1.6 cause big delay

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Jan 6 18:44:17 GMT 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:00:37 +0000 (UTC)
Jan Lolling <jan.lolling at t-systems.com> wrote:

> Since I have changed to the latest version from 0.9.6 the NTLM handshakes
> prcedure is running very slowly.
> Between every request und response is a time delay of 60s (+/- 1s).
> With the same configuration I have no problems with version 0.9.6.
> Perhaps the configuration-method has been changed,
> unfortunatly I don't find the difference and what I have to change.
> I mean it is not useful to stay all times at the old version.
>
> My webapplication runs on SuSE8.2 (production) or Windows XP
> (development), Tomcat 4.1.30 and J2SDK1.4.2.

Well obviously it works or you wouldn't be the only one compaining. I think
you should look harder at the other variants. The only thing I can think of
off the top of my head is that you have a bad or unresponsive domain
controller maybe. Try this:

 http://lists.samba.org/archive/jcifs/2005-January/004509.html

Otherwise get a capture [1].

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/capture.html

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.