[jcifs] Jcifs bug?

Joe Marshall jmarshall at alum.mit.edu
Thu Dec 29 17:32:54 GMT 2005

I have a java.net.URI from which I'm creating a jcifs.smb.SmbFile

I create a java.net.URL as an intermediate structure:

  URL intermediate = new URL (myURI.getScheme(),
                              myURI.getHost(),
                              myURI.getPath());

In theory, I can create the SmbFile directly from this URL:

  SmbFile mySmbFile = new SmbFile (intermediate, myAuth);

but this causes an error with a bogus port of -1
However, if I create the SmbFile via a string:

  SmbFile mySmbFile = new SmbFile (intermediate.toString(), myAuth);

everything is copacetic.

No need for an immediate fix, just thought you'd like to know.

--
~jrm