[jcifs] DFS Links and Timeouts

Martin D. Pedersen mdp at visanti.com
Mon Dec 19 11:38:03 GMT 2005

The patch fixes the (originally) problem, but there is still another
problem.

In my first test code I only used SmbFile.canRead(), this now works
fine.
If I extend the test code to also call SmbFile.length() it fails again,
but this time with an Exception.

Exception in thread "main" jcifs.smb.SmbException: The system cannot
find the path specified.
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:503)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:580)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:229)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.send(SmbTree.java:102)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.send(SmbFile.java:688)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.queryPath(SmbFile.java:1196)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.length(SmbFile.java:2146)
        at
visanti.crawler.samba.SmbTimeout.jcifsScan(SmbTimeout.java:19)
        at visanti.crawler.samba.SmbTimeout.main(SmbTimeout.java:35)

If I only call SmbFile.length() this Exception doesn't occur!
I guess there are more path rebuilds to be found?

-- Martin