[jcifs] Getting Davenport to work on Sun App Server

Jarrah Hands jhands at nd.edu.au
Mon Aug 29 03:33:50 GMT 2005

Gday,

I'm having a bit of an issue getting Davenport working with Sun Application
server. Has anyone else tried this and got it working?

When I connect to the App server (10.9.28.27) and attempt to load the
Davenport module I get the error below:

java.io.IOException: An unknown error occurred:
java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.net.NetPermission
specifyStreamHandler)
        smbdav.Davenport.getServer(Davenport.java:827)
        smbdav.Davenport.service(Davenport.java:426)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:860)
        sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

)

.java:25)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:249)
        java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:517)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:282)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:16
5)

I was wondering if this is related to a setting in Davenport (as I'm aware
that it likes to run as Root in Jetty and Tomcat) or is it related to one of
my settings in the Sun App Server? I can get Davenport running perfectly
fine under Jetty and Tomcat. In the past its been a simple thing to deploy
an app from Tomcat to Sun App server.

I'm running the latest version of Sun App server and Davenport.

Any ideas?

Jarrah Hands

Software Engineer (Business Applications)

The University of Notre Dame Australia

19 Mouat Street (PO Box 1225)

Fremantle, Western Australia 6959

Tel: +61 9 9433 05287