[jcifs] Jcifs error

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Aug 22 16:06:47 GMT 2005

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:38:45 +0000 (UTC)
Marcin <marcin.sobotka at domdata.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i use jcifs 1.1.11. It works for me.
> I've upgrade to new version 1.2.2 and i've got exception.
> (tested on NtlmHttpAuthExample.java, but errors are still there);
>
> java.net.UnknownHostException: Failed to negotiate with a suitable domain
> controller for XXX
> 	jcifs.smb.SmbSession.getChallengeForDomain(SmbSession.java:126)
> 	jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.negotiate(NtlmHttpFilter.java:150)
> 	jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:114)
> 	org.infoweb.servlet.filter.NTLM.doFilter(Unknown Source)
>
> In jcifs 1.1.x it works in 1.2.x no.
> Any ideas?

This was reported by someone else too. The key thing that changed in
1.2 was that jCIFS will try port 445 and then fallback to 139. But
that shouldn't be a problem unless trying port 445 generates an
exception for some reason. So in the last release I added a debugging
statement specifically to print this stacktrace to the log. Set your
jcifs.util.loglevel property to 3 and look at the log. What do you see?