[jcifs] Re: Getting SmbAuthException

Swati swati_roighare at persistent.co.in
Thu Aug 18 09:27:17 GMT 2005

Michael B Allen <mba2000 <at> ioplex.com> writes:

> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:27:06 +0000 (UTC)
> Swati <swati_roighare <at> persistent.co.in> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > When i am trying to execute the List example from the JCIF, I am getting
foll.
> > exception:-
> >
> > Exception in thread "main" jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Logon failure:
account
> > currently disabled.
>
> You need to specify credentials. The default credentials are "GUEST"
> with no password which on most machines is a disabled account.
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike.

But still i am not able to run the List example.

Now i am passing the credentials  with the command, but i cant use the default
since by default that account is disabled. Can you please tell me the way by
which i can enable that account?

Even I tried to pass the username and password of the machine which i am trying
to access but then i am getting the NullPointer exception as follws:-

        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.getType(SmbFile.java:1110)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doNetEnum(SmbFile.java:1589)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.list(SmbFile.java:1542)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.list(SmbFile.java:1436)
        at List.main(List.java:12)

Can you please tell me where i am wrong?

Command used for it as follws:-

java -Djcifs.util.loglevel=10 List smb://username:password@host/CP-Share/

Thanks in advance,
Swati