[jcifs] JNDI servlet properties

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Aug 17 16:12:01 GMT 2005

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:34:58 +0200
Jan Pernica <jan.pernica at pernica.org> wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> Just question about NTLM HTTP authentication: is it possible to
> configure the jcifs filter to get init parameters from the JNDI
> resource? We deploy our application on many servers with different JCIFS
> parameters. It would help to make only changes to the configuration
> instead of changing web.xml

Certainly. The key is to set jCIFS properties *before* the jCIFS
classes are used. Well almost before. I think it would be ok to extend
jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter and override the init method in which you can
use your JNDI calls to get properties and then somehow communicate them
to the parent Filter.