[jcifs] SmbFile.delete

Koji seaslug at hotmail.co.jp
Mon Aug 15 08:47:28 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I have some problem with deleting a SmbFile.

The files on the server A could be deleted successfully.
But deleting some files on the server B causes "jcifs.smb.SmbException:
Access is denied.", and deleting others causes "jcifs.smb.SmbException:
The system cannot find the file specified.".

Target file existed and is permitted full access.
I can't find out reasonable differences of these servers or files.
Both servers are Windows2000 server.

Does anyone have tips to avoid this promlem?

On the other hand, I went into the source code and I found that the
request message of the "delete" contains folder and filename information
but not server and shared folder name information. So I modified the
source code and set "\server\sharedFolder\folder\filename.ext" as filename.
Then all of my test case go through successfully.

Is my modification correct?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Koji