[jcifs] Crazy Copy Tests

Thomas Bley thomas.bley at simple-groupware.de
Mon Aug 15 02:05:05 GMT 2005

Hi Mike, hi all,

I am doing some crazy tests at the moment:
1)
         SmbFile from = new SmbFile(
"smb://administrator:aaa@192.168.63.1:139/administrator/asd2/" );
         SmbFile to = new SmbFile(
"smb://administrator:aaa@192.168.63.1:139/administrator/asd2/" );
         from.copyTo( to );

This code sets all files in asd2 to 0kb size.

2)
         SmbFile from = new SmbFile(
"smb://administrator:aaa@192.168.63.1:139/administrator/asd2/" );
         SmbFile to = new SmbFile(
"smb://administrator:aaa@192.168.63.1:139/administrator/asd2/existingdir/"
);
         from.copyTo( to );

This causes a big recursion with many "existingdir" copied into each
other, e.g. you get asd2/existingdir/existingdir/existingdir/ ...
On a windows or samba server this is no problem, the path length has a
maximum of ~500 characters, samba has ~1000 characters, but NetApp has
no limit ...

Do you think these cases should be stopped by jCIFS or the rather the
program that uses the library like my webdisk ?

bye
Tom