[jcifs] Problems with resolution of DFS-Links

Marro, Donato marro at e-Spirit.de
Wed Apr 27 13:40:46 GMT 2005

Hello,

in a directory within a network-share I have a DFS-Link to a directory
on a different network-share, like the following:

DFS-share: \\a\dfs
DFS-Link to another share: \\a\dfs\linkedDirectory (points to \\b\tmp)

The access to \\a\dfs works normal. But when trying to list the files of
\\a\dfs\linkedDirectory, I get the follwing Exception:

DfsReferral[path=\linkedDirectory,node=\b\tmp,server=b,share=tmp,nodepath=,r
esolveHashes=true]
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.getDfsReferral(SmbTransport.java:526)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.sendTransaction(SmbTransport.java:855)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sendTransaction(SmbSession.java:221)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.sendTransaction(SmbTree.java:74)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.sendTransaction(SmbFile.java:689)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doFindFirstNext(SmbFile.java:1715)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1606)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1514)

I also tried getDfsPath() on the SmbFile representing the linkedDirectory,
but it only returns 'null'.

I'm using version 1.1.10 in this szenario.

Greetings,
Donato Marro