FW: [jcifs] ASN.1

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Apr 22 21:26:10 GMT 2005

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:53:03 -0400
Richard Caper <rcaper at gmail.com> wrote:

> So while you have to run 2 passes, you can encode directly to the
> toplevel buffer.  Since the size is cached for each object in the
> first pass, it doesn't have to be calculated again.

Right. No copying and we don't create a Java Object per DER object
(or create and copy byte[] arrays). In theory I think this is about as
good as it get's I'm afraid. For doing any serious DER code I think a
compiler would be in order. Fortuneately I don't think we'll reach that
point unless we start to do custom LDAP / Kerberos stuff.

Anyone know if the Java 1.4 Kerberos client can negotiate a ticket with
the MS PAC in it? I guess I'll find out soon enough.

IRC - where men are men, women are men, and the boys are FBI agents.