[jcifs] Re: Authentication via SmbSession.logon

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Apr 14 07:22:28 GMT 2005

Please send all messages (minus captures) to the jCIFS mailing list.

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:14:22 +0200
Esteve Boix <esteveb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Michael,
>
> I'm experiencing the same problem described in
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.network.samba.java/4102
>
> If I try to log on to a machine attached to a domain using a local
> user, I have to use MACHINENAME\user as username, but jCIFS refuses to
> log in, and using the same URL in KDE (copying and pasting it) works
> perfectly.
> I'm trying to log on to a XP SP2 machine.
>
> If you want, I'll send you an Ethereal log of the traffic.

Please send me a capture of KDE succeeding and a capture jCIFS failing
with exactly the same URL. Then we'll get to the bottom of this.

--
IRC - where men are men, women are men, and the boys are FBI agents.