[jcifs] Re: Concurrency problems

Marcos Carlevaro marcoscf at adinet.com.uy
Fri Apr 8 15:31:47 GMT 2005

Michael B Allen <mba2000 <at> ioplex.com> writes:

> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:51:51 -0500
> ana.maria.tobar <at> cerrejoncoal.com wrote:
>
> > Does any one know how to solve this problem?
> >
> > 500 Internal Server Error
> > java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4
> >                  at
> > jcifs.smb.SmbSession.getChallengeForDomain(SmbSession.java:112)
>
> I think this was an error in an older version. What version are you using?
>
> Also, what makes you think this is a "concurrency problem"?
>
> Mike

I have the same problem using jcifs 1.1.9. for NTLM HTTP Authentication in my
web app. I have added the filter in web.xml. The app. works fine a number of
times and then I get the error ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4 at
jcifs.smb.SmbSession.getChallengeFordomain(SmbSession.java:112).

My web.xml:

	<filter>
	    <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
	    <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>

	    <init-param>
	        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
	        <param-value>MYDOMAIN</param-value>
	    </init-param>

	    <init-param>
	        <param-name>jcifs.netbios.wins</param-name>
	        <param-value>wins.ip.1,wins.ip.2</param-value>
	    </init-param>

	</filter>

	<filter-mapping>
	    <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
	    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
	</filter-mapping>

Thanks for your help.

marcos.