[jcifs] jcifs-1.1.9trans released / New Transport, Port 445, and getDiskFreeSpace

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Apr 8 04:05:41 GMT 2005

This  is  a 'transitional' or 'transport rewrite' release. It's stock 1.1.9
but  the  transport layer has been refactored and reduced (actually totally
rewritten  -  SmbTransport.java is less than half the size of it's previous
version).  It  may  still  not be "correct" because I believe the high-load
concurrency  issue  may have to do with how sessions and trees are created.
That  is  another step that delves into how Principles will be handled so I
thought  I  would  release  this  as is because it seems pretty stable so I
thought  I  would  put it out there as a reference point. To give people an
incentive  to  actually  use it I have changed the port to 445, applied the
share reconnect fix from Darren and the getDiskFreeSpace patch from Thomas.
Also if you really need the dial to go to 11, preliminary testing indicates
this transport is a few percent faster.

The files are in the download area but I have not updated the website.

IRC - where men are men, women are men, and the boys are FBI agents.