[jcifs] Reconnecting after Win2000 shares fails

Darren Hartford dhartford at ghsinc.com
Thu Apr 7 16:02:31 GMT 2005

Hey all,
I have a desktop share that I test connecting to a file repeatedly.
Then, I disable this share.  Errors come up as normal. Then I re-enable
share. Still errors....

Now here's the kicker, if I restart the test program it connects back
fine...just while it is running it can not re-connect to a disabled
Win2000 share.  I've also let the errors run for about 2 minutes incase
there were some 30-sec cache that might be causing the problem setup by
default, but no luck there.  Multiple testing, and I can not get this to
re-connect after a failure without restarting the program.

Error:

Caused by: jcifs.smb.SmbException: 0xC00000C9
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.sendTransaction(SmbTransport.java:861)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sendTransaction(SmbSession.java:246)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.sendTransaction(SmbTree.java:74)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.sendTransaction(SmbFile.java:689)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.queryPath(SmbFile.java:1230)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.exists(SmbFile.java:1285)

Now, I've tested this with jcifs-1.1.9, 7.8, and 6.8 and all three
libraries experience similar problems (the older libraries call it a
'Tid' error).  Any recommendations to handle re-connecting to a disabled
share (and please don't tell me to use a classloader to unload and
re-load the jcifs library :-).

P.s. yes, I am also using the commons-VFS in my major tests, but even
with my minor tests and a collegue also doing tests directly with JCIFS
we can not re-connect after failure...

TIA, let me know ASAP, kinda stuck...
-D