[jcifs] Weblogic SSPI using jCIFS

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Sep 29 18:49:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:56:36 +0530
<bibudhendu.mohapatra at wipro.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to create a custom SSPI for Weblogic 8.1 which will do NTLM
> authentication. Can I use jCIFS for this purpose? For this SSPI, a
> LoginModule interface is required which enables to plug-in for different
> authentication mechanisms. As jCIFS uses filter class for doing the NTLM
> authentication, is there any way to develop an SSPI using jCIFS?

The short answer is no. With some custom work you might be able to
shoe-horn it into a LoginModule. But that would be a 1-off job.

The correct solution to this problem is to do NETLOGON and whatever
other support is necessary to then do proper GSSAPI. I believe all other
authentication protocols are subsets of that functionality so anything
else is of no interest to us (me). But that will require some fundamental
changes throughout the library so it's not going to happen soon.

Also look at jcifs-ext which has the beginnings of SPNEGO support. That
might be closer to what you're looking for.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.