[jcifs] Re: policy_handle, SCManager, and SVCCTL.idl

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Sep 17 18:51:03 GMT 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:25:29 +0200
michaelm <michaelm at managesoft.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike, and jcifs mailing list gang,
>
> Following on from our previous discussion, I think the the IDL
> interaface for OpenServiceW is as follows
>
>     [op(0x10)]
>     int OpenServiceW([in] policy_handle *scmanager_handle,
>                      [in,string] wchat_t *ServiceName,
>                      [in] uint32_t access_mask,
>                      [out] policy_handle *service_handle);
>
> Note that I added the an extra [out] argument for the service handle.
> The windows API has a SC_HANDLE return value instead:
>
> SC_HANDLE OpenService(
>         SC_HANDLE hSCManager,
>         LPCTSTR lpServiceName,
>         DWORD dwDesiredAccess);

Wait for the next version of the idl compiler. I think you might have better
luck with that. After I release that I'll take a look at svcctl too. I have
no eta on the compiler. I know how I want the stubs to look but I'm not
certain how I'm going to emit the code in a generic way. It will take a few
days.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.