[jcifs] Remote command Execution? Using the Generated .IDL files by the OLE/COM Object Viewer

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Sep 15 04:33:06 GMT 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:24:16 -0700
"Philippe Ombredanne" <pombredanne at nexb.com> wrote:

> >From previous threads, I understand that muddle is NOT an option to get
> IDLs for jarapac .
> But what about using the generated .IDL files by the MS OLE/COM Object
> Viewer?
> And its Itypelib viewer which recreates an IDL based typelib infos?
> And the ones in the platform SDK?
> I know it is not much but...
> I would like to get feedback on IDL usage.

Never heard of this object viewer thing. IDLC is MIDL compatible but that
doesn't mean it will process anything that MIDL will process. First, if
these generated IDL files import other IDL files and/or include headers
from Microsoft's libraries then IDLC will need those as well in which case
you might have problems. Also, IDLC doesn't support every little feature
and attribute of MIDL. So ... it depends. Try it and see. Post a sample.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.