[jcifs] Re: Remote command Execution?

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Sat Sep 11 08:29:23 GMT 2004

Just to add some more references on the topic, I had made some research
and have the following links on remote command exec on Windows....
http://www.codeproject.com/system/remoteprogramexec.asp using
ItaskScheduler, pretty much the same as atsvc
http://ntkernel.com/articles/psexec.shtml describes the inner workings
of (the non open-source) psexec from sysinternals which use a devilish
approach to copy an rpc server to the target via the $ADMIN pipe,
install it temporarily as a service listening on a pipe, then use it to
execute a command remotely,  get results via more pipes, then
de-installs the service, then removes the exec....
Whoa...
To the best of my knowledge this are the only other alternatives unless
you use remote scripting or WMI, which are not often there on NT4.
The only issue is that is does requires the $ADMIN to be there.
--
Cheers
Philippe

philippe ombredanne | nexB - Open IT Asset Management
1 650 799 0949 | pombredanne at nexb.com
http://www.nexb.com