[jcifs] Hi allen

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Sat Sep 11 05:12:20 GMT 2004

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 09:32:30 +0500 (IST)
najmi thayyil <najmit at sify.com> wrote:

> I want the getRemoteUser() return the windows username after a
silent authentication. And it is working fine after using u r .jar and
the modification u asked to do in the web.xml in the document. But
problem is after few minutes the authentication popup is popping up
captioning \'conecting to jcifs ******* to domanin ASDSA\'. I don\'t
want this to happen. I donot know whether it is becoz of any session
time out or some thing else. The interesting this is that even if we
enter the user/password it is not taking me as an authroised user? My
work got struked solely coz of that. Can i expect an answer. Am using
tomcat4.1.30. with thanks and regards
> najmi

I do not know why that would happen. Frequently when the Filter doesn't
work it is because the web server and/or Servlet container is interfereing
with the NTLM HTTP protocol. I suggest sending your messages to the
jcifs mailing list. There are other people on the mailing list that
might help you.

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.