[jcifs] SmbAuthException while calling list() on a SmbFile("smb://").

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Sep 7 00:54:53 GMT 2004

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 23:00:44 +0200
"Michael P. Jung" <suriver at gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess there is something wrong with my configuration of jcifs. The
> console smbclient and gnome-vfs with smb work without any problems
> here...

No. There's nothing wrong with your config. It was my fault. I was a
little heavy handed with revoking guest access entirely after we found
a security issue with our NTLM HTTP Filter the other day.

I have uploaded a jcifs-1.0.1 package that corrects the problem. This is
just the original fix but with the condition properly negated.

> Is there a way to specify the master browser?

smb://workgroup/?SERVER=192.168.1.2

where the ip is the target MB.

> > Again, turn on logging, determine which machine is master browser,
> > and try to query it directly.
>
> I set the loglevel property to 3 but nothing shows up on stdout. When

By default I think it goes to System.err and the loglevel is initialized
very early on so you may not be able to set it through jcifs.Config. It
may need to be in the properties file, set with System.setProperty or
on the cmd line with -Djcifs.util.loglevel = 2 ...etc.

Try the latest jar.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.